Sunday, September 2, 2007

HELLLOOOOO ladies!

On 31st August, i hosted a staff luncheon (much like a dinner and dance, only that it's in the afternoon) @ Bliss Garden Restaurant (Singapore Expo) for Eileen's Childcare centre. As you could probably infer from the title of this entry, my audience was entirely consisted of the estrogen-dominant species. Yup. You must be thinking.... "WOW! lucky you, jonny!"... i assure you only a small handful caught my attention. hahha

anyway I was actually rather cool with the idea of hosting for them until I got to the restaurant VIP room itself. Have a look and u'll understand why.






Low and behold: the incredible booster of my melodic voice. A Karaoke System. geez.










Here's the room. 4 tables only. In one straight line! double geez!





Another one of my biggest fears did a number on me too. The crowd hardly understood English. They were mostly Chinese! *Lady scream in background*... So there i was speaking partially in chinese and english. Something that i was struggling with initially, but i managed to pull it off. I think it was mainly because they were just so amused by my mandarin.

Despite all the pernicious setbacks, i managed to conduct the games well, and got the crowd going. Well that's an understatement actually. I got the crowd screaming now and then. Hey you know the saying... "Girls, just wanna have fun... oh... girls, just wanna have fun... that's what they really waaaaannttt..." okay u get the point. They were really enjoying themselves!

At the end of everything, Mrs Tay (the boss of the company) thanked me and showed her gratitude of the job well done by giving me a big fat hug and a big fat paycheck as well. Hahaha for that moment in time it felt like i had a sugar mummy.

After getting some accolades from the crowd, i felt good about myself... When it seemed like my darkest hour, i pulled through. Pat on my back...



No comments: